welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Friday, February 5, 2016

Barbie Brigade

      From a post I did last month, you may know that I have fond memories of Barbies. I just saw this posting the other night trending on social media and I have to get the word out! A young girl named Gianni in Virginia is collecting 1,000 Barbies to donate to other girls living shelters. Gianni's website 1KBarbiesfor1KGirls offers contact information and photos of her packing up boxes of dolls to send out to shelters. It's truly heartwarming to see a kid that's thinking of other kids in an age where so many kids are focused on themselves and their technology. Gianni takes her kindness one step further by writing individual notes to each recipient and and wrapping the doll boxes in pink paper.  On an unrelated note, this reminds me of a Lifetime movie I watched back in December, The Christmas Gift. Read the review here.


No comments:

Post a Comment