welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Fashion or Foe? Leggings and Boots Problems

Image from GURL.com
     Some people have their own sense of fashion, and some immediately go with the crowd. I am not one of those people.  I recently gave in and got some classy leggings to wear under a long sweater dress to make it through the winter months. Keep this is mind I'm only about 5 feet, so finding leggings that were not ridiculously long was quite a challenge. Needless to say, I landed them at GAP. My biggest complaint is that they have no pockets. I have resorted to sticking my phone in my boot leg when wearing leggings. GURL.com shows in this image how to wear leggings:
- scarf
- long cardigan
- denim shirt
- leggings
- boot socks
- boots

Refinery29 Leggings Guide

     I'm gathering from this that to balance out my barely covered legs, I have to add a bunch of accessories and sweaters. Why? Are my legs are too exposed? I just discovered Refinery 29's  Girl's Guide to Wearing Leggings confirms this idea.  I am puzzled why a sweater hat is needed with leggings. Also, I have to mix all of my materials and wear denim, wool, cotton, and leather in one outfit? That seems like a lot. Why do all of the tops have to be so big and boxy? I really like the idea of looking slimmer and not heavy and boxy when I'm wearing leggings. I would try to make sure my sweater top is fitted. Maybe these trends look good on a supermodel who has nothing to show or hide... we may never know.

     I also am taking a moment to lament the problems that some with looking for a mid-calf length boot to tuck my skinny jeans and leggings into. I have looked online and in stores for a pair of boots to replace an older pair of slightly slouchy, suede boots that come below my kneecap and if possible, pull right on. They also must be little to no heel, 1" or less. I swear boots like this just don't exist anymore. I came close to a beautiful pair at ALDO (with zips), but I couldn't bend my knees in them. #FashionProblems

No comments:

Post a Comment