welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Eric Hutchinson and My Coloring Calendar Have Something in Common

     This is a photo of singer/songwriter Eric Hutchinson's 2008 album, Sounds Like This. This album and his other EP's were the quintessential soundtracks to my college days. Eric is an amazing  live performer, mastering the piano and the acoustic guitar. If you haven't guessed, Eric came to my college several times (and I'm scouring to find my old videos) playing small, intimate shows. In the course of a set, he would heckle people as they left early and then a moment later, go into a stand-up comedy routine that led to the whole crowd to stomping and singing to his super catchy hits like "Rock and Roll".  See this amazing video of Eric singing Motown classic "My Girl" and R. Kelly's soon-to-be classic "Ignition" together.  In fact, I insist you get tickets to go see him, right now! What are you waiting for? See the live performances below for all the proof you need to get someone to go!

     Why have I sent all this time praising Eric Hutchinson, aside from him being a cultural musical tour de force? As it turns out, my color a day calendar (thanks to my buddy Nicole for the Christmas gift) has an eerily similar image I colored in this week.


Track Listing and music for Sounds Like This:
  • "OK, It's Alright with Me" 2:30
  • "You Don't Have to Believe Me' (Live Video) 3:45
  • "Outside Villanova" (Live Video) 4:15
  • "Food Chain" 3:41
  • "Rock and Roll" 3:58
  • "Oh!" 3:54
  • "All Over Now" 3:44
  • "It Hasn't Been Long Enough" 4:20
  • "Back to Where I Was" 3:10
  • "You've Got You" 4:38
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment