welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Note About Tricking out my iPod

My now completely outdated 4th gen. iPod nano was in need of some TLC. I was looking for replacement headphones and a new case, because the current headphones had lost the rubber edging and the case was cracking along the snap-on edge.

Here's what I Learned:
- Headphones have gotten way more advanced. The only option I had was a $29.99 pair, that has a remote/microphone. Which, once i figure out how to use it, could be pretty cool.

- Some Apple stores are so cool and high tech, they don't even have cash registers. I paid on the helpful apple guy's iphone-like device.

- If you don't have the latest version, prepare to spend over an hour looking at cases.

- Not all cases are created equal.The first one I ordered was too snug and the back would fit on, but the front wouldn't stray closed in the corners.

- Cases from the Internet may take a while to ship.

- If you're lucky, you can get s similar case to the one you had. We'll see if it works when case #2 actually arrives. At least I've only paid about 9 bucks between the two cases.

Here's my Thought on the New Nano:

While the 6th gen. version is totally geared toward video, which I like, it's not a good shape. Remember the awkwardly-sized 3rd gen? This thing is so small that it looks like it could break at any moment. And its a square.

And a Final Musing about headphones in general:

Why are they made with so much slack? My headphones constantly get caught on the arms of bus seats, other people, myself. Once I woke up with it nearly choking me. Now, maybe they can sell them in two heights, one for amazons with big torsos that need the extra wire, and most other NORMAL people who have a very small torso-to pocket ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment