welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Note About New Fall Music I Can't Stop Spinning: Maroon 5

Although cd's aren't really the big thing anymore, I like the idea of spinning discs. I'm dropping the newest cds and the songs I'm obsessed with.

CD: Maroon 5: Hands All Over
RELEASE: September 21st

First of all,I don't know why the cd got slammed in Entertainment Weekly. could it be the new-funk/rock vibe Maroon 5 has built up since its 2007 Release "It Won't Be Soon Before Long?" It would seem to be so. I love the rock/funk/pop/soul vibe. The important theme that holds through all of Maroon 5's work is passion. Songs about love, songs about loss, songs about longing, it all comes from the same amazing deep dark place. I Can't Lie (track 6) about how much I love this cd. It pumps you up, it cools you down, and it can also keep a party going.

Most Addictive Song: Get Back in My Life/ Give a Little More.
Over and over. Still can't stop listening to them.

Sweetest Song: Runaway
Very different from the Bon Jovi song by the same name.

Song I Listen to to Relax: Just a Feeling
A tortured song with a sweet gentle melody about the absolute crush and end of a relationship.

Song that Sounds like Another Song: Stutter.
The shivers that you give me keep me freezing all night .. sounds like the themes of the later "Songs About Jane" tracks (Shiver), but more of a sharp syncopated pop beat.

Best Duet: No Goodbyes
With LADY ANTEBELLUM. Enough said. Listen to it.

Best Bonus Song: Last Chance
"The last chance that I get to love you..." with a rocking funk beat? It's got the anger of older songs but the intensity and passion too. One moment is all about hot flesh and the next is completely jumped to

Best Re/Mix: Two of the three Misery mixes: mix 2, and the acoustic set.

No comments:

Post a Comment