welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Yoga Week! -Making Triangles

The Pose: Triangle (Trikonasana)

What I Learned:
Triangle pose is a great stretch for the back, legs and when done properly, the arms.  With legs wide open, you bend from the waist to one side (the right, then left). Your right arm reaches for your ankle and your left arm extends into the air. I always thought my lower arm supported my body. A recent adjustment by my instructor changed my view of this pose.

The teacher told me to release my ankle-grabbing hand to see if I was still in the form. I began to cave slightly. She tapped on my abdominal muscle, indicating that should be used to keep the form. This is really a core workout! For the last few weeks, I go into triangle and immediately dangle my lower arm to make sure my stomach is supporting my weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment