welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Love/Hate Note: 2 Broke Girls

This show has horrible writing! Woo got that off my chest! Every time I watch it, I beg myself to stop.

Example of 2 Broke Girls bad writing:
Max: I've divided my roommate into three categories: annoying, more annoying, and how did that happen?

Example 2:
Caroline: Max, should you be taking in any more strays (dogs)?
Max: No. So move out tonight.

It's too tongue-in cheek, like it comes out of the mouth of a surly 13-year old, or a writer who loves 60's sitcoms and The Odd Couple. I don't hate this show, but I'm not planning to move in with it anytime soon. It's a bit disappointing to see that Michael Patrick King (Sex and the City creator) and Whitney Cummings (a great stand-up comedian) are behind this show. And Whitney's fledgling self-named sitcom WHITNEY is better, like a poor woman's FRIENDS. The more I watch this show, the more it reinforces my desire not to ever live in Brooklyn. Plus, the hot-ish but morally defunct guys drag down everything. Ugh, why... I'm not watching any longer. Oh wait, its still on. The saving grace is the sassy old man who works at the diner's cash register.

Plus side: Making fun of hipsters! this is the only reason I watch this show. I dislike hipsters

No comments:

Post a Comment