welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Glee is Getting Good!

While GLEE's plotlines as of late have been kinda weird, I am officially a crazy fan of the Warblers! They have a CD coming out!

Not only does all-boy a capella make me jump for joy like a ten year old, but the added bonus is that they dress in those cute suits too.

I had been lukewarm prior to the week beforeValentine's s day episode, when adorable Blaine (Darren Criss) led the warblers in a rousing rendition of Robin Thicke's "When I Get You Alone" in the middle of a GAP.

Dancing on the store counter, singers popping out from behind clothing racks, it was my wildest musical theater dream come true. I have also accepted Blaine as the second most adorable guy on GLEE. I'm still a Puck fan at heart. But, now I'm a Warblers fan, fo sho! It doesn't hurt that Tufts' a capella group is backing them up!

Here are their five best performances:

5. Candles- Hey Monday
Kurt's first big Wablers solo. Beautiful backing. Perfect regional ballad.

4. Raise your Glass- Pink!
So much fun! An energetic song for regionals. Blaine totally makes the "we can always party on our own" line sounds more appealing than Pink.

3. Misery- Maroon 5
Firs of all, I am a huge Maroon 5 fan. This was one of the best songs in a "lets write original music" episode. Plus the rhythmic table banging was hot! And the abrupt opening of the show was also great. Kurt was also miserably lovesick during the song.

2. Animal - Neon Trees
The abandoned warehouse, the screaming girls, the foam party- all added to this song's sexiness. Win! adn Kurt's 'sexy' dancing was adorable hysterical.

1. When I Get You Alone
For the above reasons.

And no matter what anyone says, their version of "Teenage Dream" is creepy. I am also deeply shocked and amazed they did Destiny's Child's "Bills, Bills, Bills." Weird....

No comments:

Post a Comment