welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Note About Book or Movie

In my first installment of Book or Movie, I'm bringing up "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" and "Charlie St. Cloud."

But my post got deleted.. twice. So Basically I thought both books were worse than the movies.

PLAYLIST
The straight-edge wannabe punks from Nick and Norah were making my physically ill with their wanton sexual desire and indecisiveness. Where the hell did Caroline go? Norah is such an irresponsible friend. And the whole movie plot of trying to find the late night concert given by "Where's fluffy" was sadly lacking in the book's plot. In face, the book barely had a plot. Two kids like each other, pretend to date, and spend a whole night worrying if their hangups can get the best of them.

CLOUDY
The last five or so chapters of Charlie were unrealistic, dumb and way too in touch with one's inner sensitivity to be written by a dude. Sam the ghost shows up in adult form? He tries to use his wind-liness to help Charlie find Tess? Lord give me strength. And charlie became a paramedic and sat at Tess' hospital bedside for days and months. If I woke up form a near-death boating accident, I would want the weird dude to get out of my hospital room. Zac Efron made that movie have life.

No comments:

Post a Comment