welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Sunburn Remedies: Day 3

DAY 3: I Wear My Sunglasses at Night

Today, I woke up as a functioning sunburn victim! After two nights of pain, I was forgetting what normal looked like. To follow up on yesterday's methods of treatment, the oatmeal bath was  a disaster. The oatmeal was nice and calming, but I added what was left in the can, which was over a half a cup, and my tub was still draining oatmeal this morning.
Howie D in as a vampire in The Backstreet Boys'
"Backstreet's Back" video, from GIPHY.
PAIN LEVEL: (1-5 Scale)
A very normal 2.
I wore a loose-fitting cotton skirt today to keep my skin happy. I went to yoga class at night and was only in pain when I stretched my core and bent into cobra/upward dog, which require your stomach to be on the mat.

Remedy 1: Ice
In any pain relief treatment, the second thing to try (in the RICE) method) is rest. After being a bit restless in bed, I got a cold ice pack from the freezer and threw it on my stomach. I was instantly comforted into sleep.

Remedy 2: Tea Bags
I'm about to make some green tea, and the cooled tea bags will be gently placed on my red skin for anti-oxidants. I'll update on this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment