welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Fashion or Foe: Today I Became a Fashion Victim

(c) PipPepPop
     Yesterday was my worst hair day of the year. Today, I focused so much on trying to make my hair "on fleek" (as the kids call it), that my wardrobe took a hit. Suddenly the mornings are cold and as low as 40 degrees when I wake up. Naturally I decided a long sleeved gray shirt and boots were necessary for keeping warm at work. Upon quiet reflection,  I'm struggling to figure out why I was so against black pants this morning. They might have helped keep me in a more neutral palate. I could have made my legs appear like one long, sleek line. I wore black pants yesterday and I didn't think I could pull it off  two days in a row.  Daringly, I went for a bold burgundy cropped pair of pants. I thought the crops would be safely tucked into my boots, but they were not. The pants puffed over my suede below-knee boots and created a very unattractive weird knee bulge. My knees looked larger than when I had a strengthening brace under my jeans due to a  partial tear in my ACL. It didn't help that the crops were just a tad big on my hips so they kept slipping down. I'm seriously considering burning these pants because of today's bad associations. I vow to stick to skinny jeans, tights or leggings tucked into my boots from this day forward.

At least I had a great hair day...

No comments:

Post a Comment