welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Paint Party

   All of a sudden, I have become an insta-Van Gough when it comes to painting. I've become a convert to the popular paint nite events, where you're encouraged to paint creatively and toss back some wine while you paint. I These events are held at local bars and taught by brilliant and entertaining artists. They play music, instruct on color mixing (break out the 2nd grade color wheel for a refresher course in mixing) and drag you through a mini art lesson in the span of two hours. I went from a casual interest in painting to running out to my local craft store and buying mini canvases, acrylic paints and mini brushes. In short, I'm running out of places to hide the canvases, but I truly love it!


   This weekend, I attended a paint event in a relatively new chain, Muse Paintbar, which has begun popping up in several cities. The great thing about muse is that they are solely focused on painting, and not just selling food and beer.  Our groups were so quiet, stopping to ask about mountain peak technique, but we got right to the paint and had the instructor and two helpers there every stop of the way to fuel our artistic quests.


Keep on painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment