welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Note: I Just Want the Last 27 Minutes of My Life Back

Powerless to find the remote after MTV's VMA awards this week, I found myself watching I Just Want My Pants Back, which was one of the most pointless shows I've seen in a very long time (and I specialize in finding pointless TV shows). See video here to judge for yourself. It was just a preview episode of the show, which is set to debut several months from now, or if I have anything to say about it, never. The only thing that's better (read WORSE) than listening to scripted 20-somethings complain about being broke, aimless, and loveless is to listen to HIPSTERS complain about being broke, aimless, and loveless.

Lead hipster Jason works at a casting agency, his boss hates, him, he can't find love with a girl, and seems to be somewhat of a screw up with his friends. Tina, his overly slutty BFF, clearly belongs with him in the future. Jason ends up with a broken thumb and Tina gets a rash on her neck- all due to choosing bad people to canoodle with. They spend all their time with a well-adjusted couple, Eric and Stacey. Quite honestly, Stacey and Tina looked so much alike in the show, I couldn't tell them apart in some scenes. And poor Jason nearly cried about the skanky girl who borrowed his pants after a one night stand and gave him a fake phone number. Sooooo sad..... I just can't care. This idea was so much more original in shows like the wildly popular Thirtysomething, or even the short-lived ABC show, Wasteland.

No comments:

Post a Comment