welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Note About NKOTBSB

Long before I heard the opening strains of the Backstreet Boys singing "Quit Playing Games With My Heart," I was a NKOTB fan. Their heyday kinda passed me by, with their major hits happening when I was born and in my early toddler years. But on my sixth birthday, a much cooler and older friend, she was nine, gave me a New Kids On The Block doll. Joey McIntyre, who wore a different outfit than the one linked here, to this day lives in my basement and enjoyed many happy years singing for my barbies.

Flash forward to middle school , where I was a die-hard (and am still to this day), of Backstreet Boys. The gold records, the VMA performances, AJ's trip to rehab, I know all about it. And I love and embrace it.

I remember all the countless viewings of "All Access," "A Night Out With the Backstreet Boys,"and "Homecoming Live in Orlando" on VHS. I've only seen them in concert two times before (2001-Black and Blue Tour, and 2005- Never Gone Tour) and now this coming August makes a long-awaited third concert.

Now skip forward another ten years. NKOTB are back, and better than ever. Their summer 2009 tour was one of the best shows I've seen. And BSB are back and going strong minus Kevin, and dancing as well, or better, than they did in 1999.

So imagine my delight and surprise when I came across this video from last night's NKOTB concert at Radio City Music Hall. BSB and NKOTB singing "I Want It That Way" together! Beautiful, and kind of a full-circle boy band love.

No comments:

Post a Comment