welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

I'm Loving Every Minute of It...

     I didn't realize until this weekend that I was in desperate need of some new music. In the midst of Christmas songs and country radio, I was yearning for a new sound. I found it yesterday. John Mayer world premiered his new song on Facebook live this weekend and as the lyrics say, "...I'm loving every minute of it..." The simplicity of Love on the Weekend is just that, it's about squeezing more time in with your main squeeze... on the weekend. That's it, just a sample love song. The song is the perfect mix of the ethereal beauty of  Heartbreak Warfare (2009- Battle Studies) and the breezy nonchalance of Wildfire (2013- Paradise Valley), I'm excited to see where Mayer's new sound will take us in 2017. 


No comments:

Post a Comment