welcome

More than you ever wanted to know about movies, TV shows, popular culture, and music.

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Cosby Show: Revisited

     It appears that I am not the only person who recently re-discovered The Cosby Show. I spent my new year's weekend watching bits and pieces of 80's America's  favorite family on Hulu to re-capture some of the magic the show brought me as a youngster, learning valuable life lessons with a hug and funky dance number at the end.

     Two highlights of this binge included  season 3's Cliff's 50th Birthday, where the children provide a presentation titled: Things that are older than dad. I also watched the last episode, And So We Commence, Part 2, where the family (minus Denise) come together for Theo's graduation from NYU. While the jokes were still the same, and the family love was bountiful, there was somethign creepy about Cliff Huxtable begging his son to take a visiting friend's daughter to the roller rink. It was almost as if he would take this girl and drug her if she didn't get out of the house.

     Maybe I'm just a little too into the Bill Cosby scandal, but I am having a bit of a tough time separating him from Cliff Huxtable, like in this Inside Amy Schumer sketch. I watched the A&E special Cosby: The Women Speak and heard over 10 accounts that started out, I was invited for acting lessons .... or I went to dinner..... and ended up with :I have no idea what happened, but I was violated. After checking out the great and intriguing new season of ABC's American Crime this week, I totally am very creeped out by Cosby. American Crime details a plot line about a teen boy who was drugged at a party and violated by someone on the basketball team.

No comments:

Post a Comment